Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is my passion. This therapy is a direct link to your immune system. Working with the Lymphatic System, we can help to correct imbalances and to boost it’s functionality. Its benefits are too numerous to mention all on this website, and is absolutely applicable to every living creature.
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is an original hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, of France. Created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system, LDT takes traditional lymph drainage techniques and adds a level of precision consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
Using exacting anatomical science and distinctive manual processes, LDT enables practitioners to detect the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. From there they can use their hands to perform Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the vessels to assess overall circulation and determine the best alternate pathways for draining body-fluid stagnations.
Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements. These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems. It is shown that when these actions are accomplished, the results can be:
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
- Detoxification of the body
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Anti-aging effects
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Relief of chronic pain
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
- Nerve conditions (sciatica, TOS, carpal tunnel syndrome)
Lymphedema Therapy – Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT)
I am a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) after having taken the full Lymphedema training with the Academy of Lymphatic Studies, and am accepting clients who are wanting to reduce their Lymphedema swelling and congestion. This is a combined therapy which includes; Manual Lymphatic Drainage (therapist hands on technique), Compression Bandaging (wrapping done during decongestive phase and then garment fitting once swelling maximally reduced), Skin Care and Exercise education.
I am currently accepting clients via referral for treatment with Complete Decongestive Therapy at my clinical locaiton.
Please see my public and professional information sessions that are available to educate yourself about Lymphedema and how it can apply to friends, family or yourself. Education can make all the difference.